Animated shows canceled due to the animation studios' closures

Vuxovich

Usually, an animated television show is canceled because of low ratings, poor toy sales, creator moving on other projects et cetera. But there's a pretty weird example when an animated show is canceled due to the animation studio's bankruptcy. One example comes into mind:

Skysurfer Strike Force – Apparently, Bohbot Entertainment canceled the show after two seasons because the Ruby-Spears animation studio closed down.

Was this the only instance when an animated television show was canceled due to the closure of an animation studio? Do Xiaolin Chronicles count? From what I have heard, the animation studio behind the show ceased to exist in the late 2013. Can you name some animated television shows that were canceled because their animation studios shut down?

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The poor reception of Da Boom Crew caused Jambalaya Studio to fold, though the last project from them was The Proud Family Movie and while The Proud Family will return on Disney+ as Louder and Prouder, it will be produced by Disney Television Animation instead.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Appleseed Genesis was never completed because its animation studio, Radix, shut down in 2006.

Streaker Prower

Victory Star Productions
I Think Pip Ahoy! Was canceled because CHF Entertainment shut down, but I did email the creator Charles Ward, and he has Confirmed that Future Episodes are in the works

Dylan James Yi

I think The Secret Saturdays is the last show produced by Porchlight Entertainment before shutting down in 2009.

Cartoon Pizza shutdown and years later defunct in 2015 after Sesame Workshop's Pinky Dinky Doo (the final show produced by the company) ended.

Omation went dormant in years as due to the failure of Planet Sheen.

Mandouga

Was Filmation working on anything when they got closed down?

They were working on a Bravestarr spinoff called “Bravo”, which would have focused on Deputy Fuzz’s people, whose name I can’t remember at the moment. Bravo is the name of the main character. There are also reports that they were planning a show called “He-Ro: Son of He-Man”. I think it was Filmation, anyway.

It should be mentioned, by the way, that Happily Ever After came out a few years or so after Filmation went out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
There are also reports that they were planning a show called “He-Ro: Son of He-Man”. I think it was Filmation, anyway.
I think I read somehere Lou Scheimer was developing that in the mid-'90s with DIC. Least, that's what I read on a He-Man website once.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
They were working on a Bravestarr spinoff called “Bravo”, which would have focused on Deputy Fuzz’s people, whose name I can’t remember at the moment. Bravo is the name of the main character. There are also reports that they were planning a show called “He-Ro: Son of He-Man”. I think it was Filmation, anyway.

It should be mentioned, by the way, that Happily Ever After came out a few years or so after Filmation went out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More than that. They had a show in mid-production called Bugzberg that would have used the bug characters from their Pinocchio movie. All 65 scripts were written and all the voices were recorded, and the series was cleared for syndication in most markets for the fall of 1989. Then Filmation bit it. It's unknown if any completed episodes exist, or any pieces of them do.

Pooky

Staff member
Was going to mention Bugzburg; Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night had already come out and bombed by that point, but I guess they were determined (same deal with Happily Ever After I suppose).

Steve Hullet wrote a three part lookback on the experience, and the end of Filmation as a whole. Doesn't sound like the quality control was necessarily going to be great, but sounds like it might have been a little different from what they'd be doing for most of the 80s maybe. They got a pretty solid voice cast (Frank Welker, Linda Gary, Peter Cullen, Jonathan Harris, Pat Fraley) at least.

Marty

Kutubukukartun and sinyal kartun reporter
i don't understand where is the true, my friend was first time i recomendate watching twelve forever and she very love it. but i keep to say this again because the show is over because, which true?

the studio shut down or creator actually pedofillia?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts