MeTV Toons Network to Launch as a Collaboration Between Weigel Broadcasting and Warner. Bros Discovery - Launching on June 25th

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Moved this to Saturday Morning Forever.

Also, the Variety article is gone. Not sure why, kinda wondering if they accidentally announced it too early, but in any case, TVLine's article is still up (EDIT: It’s gone).

I hope I actually get this channel. I wanted to watch the Looney Tunes marathon on Catchy Comedy recently but found out I don't get that channel (there's an affiliate in my area, my cable provider just doesn't carry it, and I doubt an antenna would be able to pick it up because we only got one station from New Hampshire last time we tried that).

Last edited:

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Stuff we know they're gonna air:

INHERITED FROM METV:
  • Looney Tunes
  • Tom and Jerry
  • Popeye
  • Betty Boop
  • Woody Woodpecker
  • The Flintstones
  • The Jetsons
  • really everything not named Toon In with Me which pretty much just airs everything mentioned save the half-hour Flintstones and Jetsons
NEW SHOWS:
  • Casper
  • Rocky and Bullwinkle
  • Top Cat
  • Yogi Bear
  • Speed Racer
  • Jonny Quest
  • Scooby-Doo

powergate92

Power Rangers and Stargate fan
There is now a report about the MeTV Toons network from The Desk which explains why all the other news reports were taken down.
The development of the channel was made known through a press release that was sent to some entertainment trade publication early Wednesday morning, including Variety, Future’s Next TV and Penske Media’s TV Line. A spokesperson later followed up with an email saying the release was accidentally sent without an embargo. An embargo is an agreed upon arrangement between a publication and a company that prevents the disclosure of certain information until an agreed upon date and time.

Moe

I probably see that Spectrum won't get MeTV Toons. At least for now.
Spectrum added Start TV and Story Television.

If your local station don't carry MeTV Toons, so Spectrum can add national channel feed and you have to make a request by call them.

I hopefully they come to Frndly and Philo at launch or very soon.

There is no surprise - Birmingham TV market sucks.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
Weigel, the network's owner, is still working out arrangements with other affiliate groups to carry the channel, so the confirmed agreements are with channels owned by Weigel, including four of the top five markets (sorry, Philly)and seven of the top 10 TV markets (sorry, Atlanta and Boston). They're still working on nationwide coverage deals, so be patient if your market isn't listed.

Moe

MeTV+ is pretty much exclusive to Weigel owned stations and they tend to elect must carry for cable and satellite under 1992 Cable Act in metros whichever have Weigel owned stations.

MeTV Toons is different because they are going to be available on local stations that aren't owned by Weigel, especially Gray Television. It should be easier to carry when compared to MeTV+.

As for Birmingham TV market, Hearst has exclusive to carry MeTV and MeTV Toons is still MeTV brand, so Hearst would have to carry in my area unless they pass on to other station.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Image 171.jpeg

And it turns out there's even MORE shows, according to Jeff (who appears to be our inside man). So yeah, we're cooking.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Well the station that is part of my market, in the legal sense, is getting it. The station is owned by Weigel. But most everyone won't be able to see it, unless the CBS owned station helps them out again, the CBS station repeats METV, Story, and Catchy Comedy so people can actually watch them. H&I is on the My Network TV station, but because that station has to help their sister NBC affiliate actually be seen in parts of the market they probably don't have much bandwidth. Maybe the CBS station will pick this up too.

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Weigel, the network's owner, is still working out arrangements with other affiliate groups to carry the channel, so the confirmed agreements are with channels owned by Weigel, including four of the top five markets (sorry, Philly)and seven of the top 10 TV markets (sorry, Atlanta and Boston). They're still working on nationwide coverage deals, so be patient if your market isn't listed.
I was so focused on trying to see if I'd get the channel that I didn't even notice that list had who owned what station. I looked again and I see a bunch are owned by Weigel, but I'm also seeing some owned by Gray Television. Like you said, they're still working out coverage deals. I just hope it works out for my area.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
I didn't see anything for Baltimore (though there's one for Washington DC), so it looks like I'm SOL for now; it's worth mentioning that I'm a YouTube TV subscriber and we don't get MeTV proper either. I'll have to wait and see where the wind blows regarding this.

Probably a dumb question, but: what does this leave Boomerang with? As I understand it they were showing quite a bit for a while (YouTube TV doesn't offer Boomerang either), but now with MeTV Toons being a thing, I can only imagine Boom being left with the crumbs.

Mejo

Just a standard Fox going about in the Wild West
Probably a dumb question, but: what does this leave Boomerang with? As I understand it they were showing quite a bit for a while (YouTube TV doesn't offer Boomerang either), but now with MeTV Toons being a thing, I can only imagine Boom being left with the crumbs.
They’ll probably just go back to what they were 5 - 10 years ago and return to being just a standard dumping ground for CN cartoons like Nicktoons.

Getting back on topic, I see New York on there so I’m probably gonna get it.

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist, Researcher, Inactive YouTuber
I didn't see anything for Baltimore (though there's one for Washington DC), so it looks like I'm SOL for now; it's worth mentioning that I'm a YouTube TV subscriber and we don't get MeTV proper either. I'll have to wait and see where the wind blows regarding this.

The article did say that MeToons will be the companion network to Boomerang. So maybe with any luck, some of the stuff that will air on the new channel could be shared with Boomerang

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts